At Coastal Developmental Paediatrics we have the ability to submit claims for you to Medicare from our practice software.
If the service that we provide to you is eligible for a Medicare rebate, our software will automatically transfer the rebate amount directly into your registered bank account.
For this to be available to you, you need to register your bank account with Medicare. If you have not done this yet, there are several ways that you can do so:
- Using your Medicare Online account through the myGov website. Go to my.gov login if you need to create an account;
- Using the Medicare app on your device;
- Calling the Medicare general inquiries line; or
- Visiting a Medicare service centre in person.
You need to have your Medicare card numbers, and bank account details (BSB, account number and account name) with you when you register.
We also need to have all your details in our system, exactly the same as your details in the Medicare system (on your current Medicare card):
- Child's name and date of birth
- Child's Medicare number
- Parent's name
- Parent's Medicare number
- Medicare card expiry date